Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 3 hours
Intensify your classic version of S’mores by adding bacon, bourbon marshmallows, and Chocolate Caramel & Sea Salt Dessert Topping!
- 3 1/2 envelopes Unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup Cold water
- 2 cups Granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Bourbon
- 1/2 cup Light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 2 large Egg whites
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla extract
- 10 slices Bacon, cooked
- 1 cup Robert Rothschild Farm Chocolate Caramel & Sea Salt Dessert Topping
- 1 box Graham crackers
- Oil a 9 x 13 baking pan and sprinkle powdered sugar to cover and coat pan. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, pour cold water and gelatin packets. Gently mix with spoon once, then let sit while you make the sugar mixture.
- In a medium pot, combine sugar, bourbon, syrup, and salt. Heat over low heat and whisk until sugar is dissolved (About 3 - 5 minutes).
- Turn heat up to medium and let sugar come to a boil. (It will bubble up - so keep your eyes on it so it does not overflow.) Let boil for 8 - 12 minutes, until it reaches 240° F (measure with a candy thermometer).
- Pour mixture into mixer bowl over the gelatin with the mixer on low speed.
- Once all of the sugar has been added, turn the mixer to high and beat for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Beat egg whites with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Add eggs and vanilla to sugar/gelatin mixture and beat until combined, 3 - 4 minutes.
- Pour marshmallow mix into 9x13 pan. Spray a spatula with non-stick spray and smooth. Dust powdered sugar on top and let sit to firm up for 3 - 5 hours
- Once firm; turn the pan upside down on a cutting board to release marshmallow rectangle. Cut them into pieces of whatever size you like
- Assemble S’mores with graham cracker, toasted bourbon marshmallow, Chocolate Caramel & Sea Salt Dessert Topping, bacon pieces, and graham cracker top.
Optional: To make it kid-friendly, leave out the bourbon so the whole family can enjoy
Originally Posted by: Robert Rothschild